WOW Sight & Sound Refunds & Returns Policy
How do I make a warranty claim for items which are faulty or damaged that I bought online?
Firstly we need to know if your item has obtained damage or is indeed faulty.
Damaged items are items that have sustained some sort of physical damage while in transit from us to you. We will replace any damaged items that are confirmed to be damaged by us, if they are reported within 14 days of receipt.
If your item is damaged, please notify us by contacting our eCommerce Team via email to email@example.com or phone us on 1300 513 504 in business hours with all the necessary information. A Customer Service Representative will respond by the next business day and advise the next steps. N.B. you may be required to email some pictures of the damaged item and packaging through, so please do not discard any packaging.
Faulty items are those that are not damaged in any way, however are not operating properly, have a manufacturing fault, or develop a fault within the manufacturer's warranty terms.
If the manufacturer advises that your item is faulty, they may issue a reference number so you can request a replacement/repair from us. If your item is faulty, please notify us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our eCommerce Team on 1300 513 504 in business hours with all the necessary information.
Refunds & Returns Policy
- Australian Consumer Law
- The Australian Consumer Law provides consumers with certain guaranteed rights (known as "Consumer Guarantees") which apply automatically whenever goods or services are supplied. These Consumer Guarantees include requirements that goods be of acceptable quality and do all the things that they are ordinarily used for. Services must be performed with care and skill.
- All goods supplied by Us come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced (to be decided by Us) if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure.
- How long you can rely on a Consumer Guarantee depends on the price and quality of goods. There is no specified time limit. The Australian Consumer Law recognises that the relevant time period can vary from product to product and that the appropriate remedy may also depend on how long it takes you to return the product to Us.
Returning Products to Us
- If you believe you are entitled to a remedy under a Consumer Guarantee or manufacturer's warranty, you should return the goods to the service counter at any of our stores. You are responsible for the costs incurred in returning the items to the service desk.
- If the goods cannot be easily returned (eg due to the nature of the fault or the size of the goods please contact Us and we will arrange for the product to be assessed.
- All data and personal information stored on goods should be backed up by you to external storage before they are returned. WOW accepts no responsibility for losses suffered or incurred as a consequence of data or personal information being lost or destroyed through the assessment, repair or replacement of the goods.
Proof of Purchase
- Before we can process your claim for refund repair or exchange, you must provide satisfactory proof that you purchased the goods from Us. In most cases, we will require that you present the original tax invoice/receipt for the goods.
- Generally, bank or credit card statements will not be satisfactory proof of purchase unless the amount shown on the statement is the exact sale price for the goods at the time they were purchased.
- If satisfactory proof of purchase cannot be provided, we may refuse your claim for refund repair or exchange.
Assessment- Faulty or Damaged Goods
- Goods returned for warranty claim must be assessed to determine the cause of the fault.
- If the fault in your goods can be safely and clearly be determined in-store, we may offer you either a refund, exchange or repair. What type of remedy we offer will depend on whether the fault is a "major failure" or otherwise.
- If the cause of the fault is difficult or dangerous to determine in-store, the goods will be sent to the manufacturer or repair agent. In these cases, the manufacturer (or agent) will determine whether the goods have suffered a major failure or are otherwise of unacceptable quality. You can either deal with the manufacturer directly or you can ask us to do so on your behalf.
- In certain cases, goods presented for repair may be replaced by the manufacturer or repair agent with refurbished goods of the same type, quality and condition. Refurbished parts may also be used to repair the goods
- You will not be entitled to a remedy when it is identified (by Us, the manufacturer or its agent) that the fault or damage has been caused by your abuse neglect or abnormal use.
Failure to Match Description
If the goods that you have bought do not accurately match the advertised description, we will provide you with a refund.
If you are required to return Goods via a courier, you must securely pack the Goods so that they are able to be returned to Us or the manufacturer/service agent via a transport carrier.
We strongly recommend you retain the packaging your item comes in for the duration of the warranty period so that, in the unlikely event that you will need to return an item for refund, repair or replacement, you will have adequate packaging available to do so.
If you dispose of the packaging then it will be your responsibility to source alternative adequate packaging to use to return the Goods.
Exclusion of Liability
To the extent permitted by law (but only to the extent that such exclusion does not breach any provision of the Australian Consumer Law), We expressly exclude any liability for any indirect or consequential loss (including for loss of revenue or loss of use) arising from or in any way relating to the purchase or use of the Goods.
To the extent permitted by law (but only to the extent that such exclusion does not breach any provision of the Australian Consumer Law), warranties will only apply to Goods used for personal/private use. The use of Goods purchased from Us for commercial purposes may result in the warranty being voided.
*Turn around time is dependent on your return being approved by the manufacturer, where applicable.